The benefits of participating in a clinical trial include the following:
- Participants have access to promising new approaches that are often not available outside the clinical trial setting.
- The approach being studied may be more effective than the standard approach.
- Participants receive regular and careful medical attention from a research team that includes doctors and other health professionals.
- Participants may be the first to benefit from the new method under study.
- Results from the study may help others in the future.